Steps to install WordPress within Xampp server.
- Go to official webpage and download the latest release (currently 3.2) of WordPress.
- Extract downloaded zip file and rename it to WordPress.
- Save this extracted file to the directory C:\xampp\htdocs
- Open your Xampp control panel and activate Apache and Mysql features.
- Open your web browser and goto localhost/xampp and open phpMyAdmin page.
- Create Database for your WordPress site.
- Now, Open your browser and go to the link, localhost/wordpress/
- Now you can see WordPress installation form.
- Enter localhost on the Host column, root is your default username. Then go to next.
- You can set database name, username and password by editing wp-config.php file within wordpress directory.
- Enter your website details and go to install.
- Your WordPress site has been installed within Xampp server